Uterine Fibroid Treatments<
At North Texas Fibroids we recognize that, for many women, uterine fibroids, which are small non-cancerous growths in the wall of the uterus, can present symptoms that negatively impact the quality of their lives.
While there are many treatment options for uterine fibroids, the success of these treatments depend upon the skill of the physician. That is why so many of the women in the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area have come to Dr. Handley for their care.
Leadership in the Treatment of Fibroids
As a leading fibroid specialist, Dr. Handley:
- Is one of the Dallas-Fort Worth area’s leading interventional radiologist’s and is a highly recognized authority in the management and treatment of fibroids.
- Specializes in conventional and minimally invasive surgical and non-surgical approaches to treating fibroids and has helped us to achieve excellent outcomes.
- Is an acknowledged leader in the field and is involved in educating other physicians in his techniques and procedures.
Medical Expertise, Experience and Compassionate Care
Dr. Handley’s skills are continuously being applied and shared throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area and beyond. He is:
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Radiology with a Certificate of Added Qualification in Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Diplomat of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine and is a member of the Society of Interventional Radiology
- Recognized by the Society of Interventional Radiology to have a special competency in Interventional Stroke Therapy
Providing the Right Treatment
One of the key benefits that Dr. Handley and the physicians at North Texas Fibroids provide to their patients is making sure the right procedure is performed to treat a specific fibroid condition. Because there are so many different types of fibroids, selecting the right surgical or non-surgical approach will make a significant difference in patient outcomes. These procedures include:
- Minimally invasive surgical using robotics such as the da Vinci system
- Open surgery
- Non-surgical options
Specific treatments include:
- Hormone therapy
- Endometrial ablation and resection
- Myolysis or Cryomyolysis
- Focused ultrasound therapy
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
For More Information
To find out more about having our team of experts treat your fibroid condition or to schedule an appointment, please call us at (972) 724-2000 or request an appointment online.